Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bridge to Brisbane!



I ran 10k's!!! I am not fit at all but work asked us if we wanted 
to take part in a marathon to benefit disabled children that have to be taken care of in elderly homes. 
I thought the the cause was important and it would be good 
motivation to get more fit. I got a personal trainer and trained 
really hard. I had all of my boys there to cheer me on. I did the whole race and didn't need to take any breaks. (not sure if my body would have let me!) 
My body went on auto pilot, when i stoped i realised that i had a masive blister on one foot, and one of my hips was really sore
I'm feeling heaps better now. I still won't know my official time for a few days, but i don't really mind because i feel really good about what i did.

2 comments:

The Ormsby's said...

Awesome! Looks like it was "fun"?!! Seriously though, way to go!!

Unknown said...

go elly! is it hadn't of been on a sunday i would have come along.
freyr thinks you are the bestest.